1. I couldn't see what Ellie saw in him.
2. The opening sequence was lovely, but anyone who saw so much as the movie poster could figure out the wife wasn't going to stick around for the larger section of the movie. So I knew not to get too attached or too deep into that part.
3. I felt nothing for Russell. The kid was annoying.
4. I felt nothing for the bird.
5. I would have given the bird to the explorer in a heartbeat. (Hell, he wanted to take it back alive anyway.)
So, go ahead, tell me I'm a heartless unfeeling iceberg.